Monday, October 3, 2011

Before I Sow My Seeds of Love

Last week I was honored to be included in a post over at danger garden entitled "The other kind of gardener..." because it was about we seed collectors. I only know a handful of others like me but I know there are more of us out there somewhere because somebody keeps buying my seeds, and additionally, I keep trading with them too. Funny we are kind of a quiet contingent. I have no idea what any of these people even look like—other than my gardening buddy down the street.

What's even more entertaining is that Loree's blog entry actually gave me a break from my seed sorting activities. The irony was made even better by her title. She had no idea the concept of the Other was my theoretical speciality back when I was working with art history during my old academic days. Seeing myself as the other gardener brought me so much pleasure I cannot tell you how much I laughed about it all weekend.

Thank you Loree for helping me to see the light at the end of my seed packet.
These are the origami envelopes I make for the seeds I sell. For the seeds I keep I simply put them in glassine bags inside of coin envelopes. For larger seeds, I often use vintage glass canning jars. 


6 comments:

  1. The envelopes look so precisely put together. Very artful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patricia! I am disorganized on so many levels, yet somehow it's the small details that I hold together which keep my circus running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad my choice of words made you laugh! Thank you for enjoying the fruits of my plants labor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the happy giggles and the seeds too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...