Monday, May 12, 2008

Cemetery Roses


I found this old cemetery rose at a pioneer cemetery near Astoria, Oregon. My husband and I love to seek out these old plants when we go on our trips because it really is such a fun activity when you are traveling with so little money. When I was a child, doing this kind of thing was normal, but now, young folks don't always do these kinds of things, often calling them old fashioned or outdated. All I know is that it is an activity that I used to like to take part in, and I still do. I hope that my nieces, or even my future nephew, will do the same in the future.
These small rose blooms smelled amazing and although the cuttings I took did not take, luckily I will be able to return there soon for some more.
I hope to add a few others to my collection too as time goes by. Let me know if you have any great ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...