Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Garden Blogger's Fling 2014 in Portland, OR!


I'm so honored to be a part of the organizing committee for the 2014 Garden Blogger's Fling here in my hometown of Portland, OR. A lot of thought and planning went into our proposal and I'm so happy we will be doing this next summer. We're blessed with a great climate and gardening culture, and the people who participate in its many facets have to be some of the most gentle, kind and caring people I've ever met.

The last year has been a very difficult one for me personally, and although I've had to turn away from plants for a bit in order to get back on my feet after a divorce and years of illness, I still cannot say enough about how much le monde végétal means to me.

Forever more of a garden memoirist than anything else,
Ann

Congrats too to my co-conspiritors:
Jane: MulchMaid
Loree: Danger Garden
Scott: Rhone Street Gardens

4 comments:

  1. You certainly sound excited. How fun to plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited about it. This has been a really difficult year for me and these events are wonderful. I was able to attend the one in Seattle a few years ago and it was so much fun to meet other bloggers. I highly recommend attending one if you can swing it financially. Seems silly to go on vacation for garden blogging, but hey!, life's short and made for livin'.

      Delete
  2. Seeing this announcement on Facebook this morning was such a wonderful, welcome, spring surprise! None of you lot said a word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, yes, we were all very good about it but we only really got it all together during the last two months. We worked hard at it—and quickly. Luckily it was the dead of winter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...