Friday, February 25, 2011

Northwest Flower & Garden Show (2011) Part Three

We made it home despite the Arctic blast and saw lots of snow along the roadside. Immediately we ran as many outdoor plants as possible into the studio to protect them from the cold air. All my new treasures are hidden or else under lights in the basement. I cannot wait until next week when I can plant some of the new stuff that is dormant. I bought some incredibly rare plants so that I can collect their seeds. (Oh, and while we were gone, the last 100 or so packets of seeds arrived.) 

The cats are happy, the weekend foster kiddos are getting along ok, and now it is back to the garden show. (I will show you the treasures after the kiddos go home on Sunday night. I don't want them poking their eyes out with my new metal garden pieces and plants.)

Here are some more amazing pictures from the really great container garden area of the current Northwest Flower & Garden Show.
Carnivorousness at its best.
Naturalistic plantings with every nook and cranny planted.
I loved this water feature.
Potting bench.
Potting shed.
Gorgeous!
Garden bed. Flower bed.
Sweetest dreams.
Too funny!
I noticed this just before I walked off. It made me giggle.
I really want to make some cement/concrete pieces myself this year.
This was a really cozy setting.
This is a really cute idea.
Two of the container garden displays had beverages on display too for the gardener's pleasure. My husband the winemaker completely agrees. 
It's another planter gutter.
Air plants on furniture—with Puget Sound out in the distance and Pike St Market.
Air plants on plant.
I think that I only have a little bit left about the amazing seminars so more tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Ficurinia, How lovely. I especially like the miniature daffodils. My husband just gave me a pot, so I am beginning to feel like spring will arrive in this snowy part of the world eventually. P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wish I could be there to see these incredible displays

    ReplyDelete
  3. after visiting the PDX Yard, Garden and Patio show, I'm a little jealous of this Seattle area event. Maybe it was just that you took pics of the stuff you liked, but this show seems to have less cheese than ours in Portland (still loved the Portland show!) Thanks for these photo reports!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan, It does have a lot less cheese as you say. We have been going to it for the last 5 or 6 years and we have never been disappointed. I CANNOT wait to see the show in San Francisco. If all goes well, I will be there in a few weeks.

    Thanks for dropping in!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to go to the NWFS back in 2006. It is the most spectacular show I have ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing your photos with us. Glad you made it home ok.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...