Monday, October 6, 2008

Bartering with Plants

If you are like me, basically disabled and unable to work, and you tend to grow lots of plants, try using the barter system on Craigslist. It has been working for me like a charm. (I also check the WANTED column and have found two people looking for very specific items that I've had sitting around.) So far, my most recent posting has been very fruitful. One woman needed some poker plants, sedums, and some palm trees. She helped me weed for two or three hours. That was great since my back and hips have been really hurting me. This week, another woman is going to help me in exchange for an orphaned Japanese maple I have that my mom saved once a long time ago. After that afternoon, I have one more barter-date lined up. I am not sure yet what that woman is looking for, but she is very open to lots of ideas.
With the economy being a sour as it is right now, this is a great way to get the things you need taken care of without it hurting too much. Besides, it is nice to have someone else working with you outside when it is hard enought to be out there in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...