Sunday, September 14, 2008

Trimming the Living Willow Garden


The other day I was finally trimming the living willow arbor out back and I noticed some funny things. First off, this tube in the photo now has tree growth growing around it. I could cut the tube out, but I think I'll leave it there. (It could be worse. It could be a bicycle growing in a tree like on Vashon Island.) Anyway, there is a fear that I have. It could become diseased, but I think that I will just let it go. In addition, a few branches have already start to graft to one another with no human intervention. It is scary to think that the four trees will eventually become "one" with one another, but so it goes... If I lose one at that point, I guess I will lose them all. Anyone else out there have a living willow structure that they care about? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...